POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here : Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Apr 2009 20:30:00
Message: <web.49d405d74ee6dd4ef50167bc0@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
>
> >   Why shouldn't the ambient term of a texture be definable with a
> > #default block, even if the texture is in a library?
>
> because the designer of the texture might wish to specify
> the intended ambient value for use with classical lighting.

I agree. Most times, I create a texture with no real thought of how it might
appear using radiosity--because I don't use that feature on a regular basis.
How it looks under classical lighting is my foremost thought.  I save rad for
special occasions--and then I'll go back and re-work the texture (which will
look somewhat 'different' anyway, in radiosity lighting.)

KW