POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AOI pattern : Re: AOI pattern Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AOI pattern
From: clipka
Date: 30 Mar 2009 19:00:00
Message: <web.49d14e3a114589092f4aa4190@news.povray.org>
> Or rather *not* to transform the aoi vector, while you expect
> it to move with the object? At first glance, it looks like the
> transforms are only used to warp the point at which the texture
> will be evaluated, parameters of the texture are not adapted.
> I just tried a "slope y" texture, apply this to an object
> and rotate it and the slope reference will still be y.

Both may be the way you'd need it at times. Maybe even for the very same object
& pattern: In an object assembled from smaller building blocks, it may be
desired to orient the aoi pattern of all building blocks with reference to the
object, while when orienting the object those patterns should re-orient
accordingly.

Best thing would be if the reference point of an aoi pattern could somehow be
attached itself to a particular object... well, maybe that's something to
remember for next generation SDL.