POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A lot of mcpov renderings here : Re: A lot of mcpov renderings here Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A lot of mcpov renderings here
From: triple r
Date: 30 Mar 2009 15:25:00
Message: <web.49d11bc76108ca7091f1ef540@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> That overlaying of images intrigues me. It is merging of two or more images
> in a paint program isn't it? What is used in that case? Averaging?

'convert -average *.png result.png' for you Unix/Linux-types.  (Upon further
inspection, of course ImageMagick is available for Windows, too.)  I'm not sure
how it handles precision for many images, but I've had good luck.  I'd also
recommend rendering much larger images than you need since you can just
down-scale later and reduce the noise.  2x2 -> 1x1 = 1/sqrt(4) = 1/2 the noise.

 - Ricky