POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Next Generation SDL Brainstorming : Re: Next Generation SDL Brainstorming Server Time
31 May 2024 21:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Next Generation SDL Brainstorming
From: clipka
Date: 27 Mar 2009 17:15:00
Message: <web.49cd40a8ad594047208afb30@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> (I'm not sure why the SDL learning-curve didn't put ME off when I started with
> POV-Ray--probably because the astounding visual results of the program just
> outweighed any seeming syntax difficulties. I just *had* to learn it!

Maybe that's because with POV-Ray, you have always something more you *can*
learn, but not much that you *must* learn. Any you always have plenty of ways
to do things. For example, you can choose whether you prefer to invest lots of
time coding routine stuff, or hack up an awfully complex macro to do it for
you. It's all up to whoever is in charge of the keyboard.