POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new simple test : Re: new simple test Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new simple test
From: Edouard
Date: 27 Mar 2009 06:50:01
Message: <web.49ccaed8f0387919eba2273d0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > That said, a touch of SSS wouldn't hurt the 'boring' one... ;-)
>
> I was actually thinking that, too - but things will still take some time ;)

I've taken Sam Benge's FastSSS macro (from his fastprox include file) and
modified it to suit my render rig, and also changed my bank light macros to put
the current frame's light position into the SSS calculation. It's still all
faked, but I think it's got promise. Seems to be adding about 3 seconds to a 3
minute pass.

Here are two passes - the full render is on it's way.

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: