POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured block pattern problem : Re: Textured block pattern problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured block pattern problem
From: clipka
Date: 26 Mar 2009 16:55:00
Message: <web.49cbeb89143ba0c593bfb07f0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> I think this is why it never occurred to me, re: the HF_Square macro--I was
> expecting it to automatically be in that mode as well. Hmm, what a strange and
> semi-confusing difference. I can't truly understand why the macro wasn't set up
> 'out of the box' to duplicate regular HF behavior. (Probably having to do with
> the added feature of UV-mapping, I suppose.)

I guess it has more to do with the way the other macros work. HF_Square is
probably there mainly for completeness. With a sphere for instance, the
standard mode makes much more sense than the UV-mapped, IMO. So for the macro
suite to be consistent, it had to be made inconsistent with the regular
height_field.