POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured block pattern problem : Re: Textured block pattern problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured block pattern problem
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Mar 2009 02:45:00
Message: <web.49cb23d7143ba0c5f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>...but my 'fix'--to reorient
> how the macro 'sees' an image_map function--does not seem to operate the same
> way on functions made from POV-Ray pigments or patterns. I'm getting
> conflicting results, in several different ways...

I know I'm getting further and further off-topic with this little discussion,
but I just found out something interesting (and definitely weird):

When a function is used in the HF_Square macro in shapes.inc--supposedly the
'equivalent' of POV's regular HF--the function (whether of a pigment/pattern OR
an image_map) actually evaluates the pattern 'slice' on the X/Z plane(!) rather
than the X/Y plane as it is supposed to. That explains lots of things!

OK, enough. :-) I'll continue with this in its own post.

KW