POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured block pattern problem : Re: Textured block pattern problem Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:05:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured block pattern problem
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Mar 2009 01:30:04
Message: <web.49cb11e9143ba0c5f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Since posting my reply, I've gone back for yet *another* round of
> experimenting with function images and HFs (this time using the HF_Square
> macro in shapes.inc), and I've seen some odd behavior.  Part of that is due
> to a problem in that macro itself (which I just found a fix for); but my
> 'fix'--to reorient how the macro 'sees' an image_map function--does not seem
> to operate the same way on functions made from POV-Ray pigments or patterns.

After more work, I decided against using that macro fix, as it really wasn't
needed (the problem was better solved outside the macro.) Instead, there seems
to be *something* basically weird, having to do with how functions 'see'
image_maps (as opposed to how they deal with pigments/patterns); I even have
questions now about functions supposedly "evaluating the pattern on the X/Y
plane". Trying to sort it all out is rather complex and mind-numbing--but I'm
getting *closer* to an answer!

KW