POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured block pattern problem : Re: Textured block pattern problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured block pattern problem
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 25 Mar 2009 09:30:00
Message: <web.49ca31b7143ba0c56dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> > Dang, I completely forgot about repeat warps. Looks like I reinvented the
> > wheel again... ;-)
>
>   I always thought that POV-Ray was specially crafted for people who like to
> reinvent the 3D wheel... :)

It's often quicker to do so than go hunting through docs and resources...!

I was making some textures the other day by drawing pictures with spherical and
boxed pigments, then tessellating them. Because I was using pigment functions
to combine the various shapes, it seemed obvious to call them as

fn(x-floor(x), 0, z-floor(z)).x

to get the repetition...