POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new simple test : Re: new simple test Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new simple test
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 24 Mar 2009 18:55:01
Message: <web.49c96316f0387919219167190@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Materials need some work though; the metal is too shiny (even for chrome I
> guess), while the glass does not seem reflective enough to me. The material on
> the left is just boring - whatever it is.

You reckon? I think it's pretty photorealistic. Maybe the brightness of the
reflections on the glass and metal should be closer in intensity, but
individually they're certainly believable. And the material on the left is by
far the most interesting to my eyes - lovely shading into the crevices,
reflection-based highlights... like porcelain or similar.

That said, a touch of SSS wouldn't hurt the 'boring' one... ;-)