POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : All is quiet : Re: All is quiet Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All is quiet
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 24 Mar 2009 05:20:00
Message: <web.49c8a53a257926746dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Ive <"ive### [at] lilysoftorg"> wrote:
> Great picture, calm atmosphere. But, to me, Lucy seems out of place.
> Maybe she is just too well known, or her perfect structure does not fit
> well with the weathered surrounding.

Maybe. I was originally going to try weathering her too (and I will, sometime
soon), but then I looked at the test renders and thought she looked fine as she
was. It's true to say, however, the she is the only pristine mesh in a scene
full of deformity... (maybe that's also symbolic of something or other?)

Actually, there's another reason to think of her as being out of place. In my
(limited) google-images research on stone columns, it seems that my columns are
closest to ancient South American constructions, possibly Mayan (deliberately so
- I liked the simplicity). This is definitely at odds with a Christian statue...
:-)

In any case, thanks for the comments everybody.

Bill