POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looking to the Sun : Re: Looking to the Sun Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking to the Sun
From: sooperFoX
Date: 22 Mar 2009 10:05:00
Message: <web.49c64511aa0d6de03e3c08aa0@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> "Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> >             area_light < sqrt(solid_angle * dome_size) * rtod, 0, 0 > < 0,
> > sqrt(solid_angle * dome_size) * rtod, 0 >, 2, 2
>
> Opps - add this global
>
> #declare rtod = (180 / pi);

I did pick up on that, thanks - but it seems the news posting page "swallowed"
my response.

Is there any benefit to declaring that, over using the built-in degrees(rad)
float function?

Also I noticed that you included rotate and scale parameters, as well as a light
intensity multiplier - all things that I was considering when I initially saw
the words "light dome" - so thanks!