POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skin Deep : Re: Skin Deep Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skin Deep
From: clipka
Date: 22 Mar 2009 08:10:00
Message: <web.49c629366a616ed19b04cb930@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> However (there always is a however it seems) what is missing now is the
> shadow as it were of the finger bones. The fingers now seem empty wax
> containers. You could try with the Poser skeleton maybe. I am not sure, as I
> have never used it, but it should be complete and accurate.

That, unfortunately, is a thing I expect to remain difficult with this lighting
model, as it does not do a full volumetric simulation.

Depending on the optimizations that will ultimately wind up in the code, adding
bones would have either a too strong effect, or none at all.

(Attached another shot in which we can see the candle a bit better)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'handsandcandle.png' (417 KB)

Preview of image 'handsandcandle.png'