POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looking to the Sun : Re: Looking to the Sun Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking to the Sun
From: Edouard
Date: 20 Mar 2009 17:40:01
Message: <web.49c40cd0aa0d6de0617fb3dd0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
>
> Geez!
>
> What's that DF3 proximity pattern thing? I guess I'd like to learn about it:
> What exactly does it do? And how do you do it?

The object is just being coloured by a DF3 file, but the DF3 file was itself
created from the object by sample points in space around each voxel. The
density of the voxel is determined by how many samples are inside the object vs
how many samples are outside.

> (BTW, the corroded texture seems a bit too strong to me; or is that green color
> reflections?)

I've done some google image searches, and bronze patina's can be as strong as
this one, but often a bit paler in colour. There's an enormous variation from
what I can tell. It's being lit by a setting sun on the horizon, which might
contribute to the patina's intensity a little.

I'll try tweaking it when I do some more bronzes.

Cheers,
Edouard,