POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looking to the Sun : Re: Looking to the Sun Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking to the Sun
From: sooperFoX
Date: 20 Mar 2009 11:25:01
Message: <web.49c3b526aa0d6de03e3c08aa0@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
>   - LightMapGen 16 sample median-cut lightdome, plus one hand-placed Sun light
> (no radiosity).

This is the second time you've mentioned this. I had a look at the utility and
it sounds useful. Do you have a technique for loading the output it produces
into POV-Ray? I can imagine it getting quite tedious to hand-convert even
"just" 16 lights every time to try a new probe...

I understand that the first 3 values are in radians; the first being elevation
and the second azimuth, the third is the angular area the sample occupies. The
remaining 3 values make up the RGB value of the sample.

But is there a way to read/parse the probemap.lm file directly into POV or do I
have to convert them into lights by hand?

I like your probe, too, by the way. And as others have said, nice work on
texturing the model!