POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Room, take 2 : Re: The Room, take 2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Room, take 2
From: clipka
Date: 15 Mar 2009 10:50:01
Message: <web.49bd154d147e89f8ac7b5ac70@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> clipka wrote:
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >> Only small modifications.
> >
> > Is the squarish pattern intended, or are those artifacts?
>
>   I'm curious to know exact *what* on earth could produce such artifacts.

Radiosity sample octree.

If they're really artifacts, that would be my best bet. 3.7.0.beta.29, for
instance, produced octree artifacts that could become as prominent as those
squares in your shot. Even beta.31 still has code that to my understanding
*might* cause such effects, but wasn't changed because it significantly
impacted performance, and as of now was never seen to actually produce any
visible patterns. So that's why I'm a bit worried.

So, *is* the pattern intended?

(I hope we're talking about the same thing. Of course I'm *not* refering to the
"structuring" of the walls; but there seems to be a square pattern in the
pigment.)