POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Microphone thing : Re: Microphone thing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microphone thing
From: clipka
Date: 15 Mar 2009 09:35:01
Message: <web.49bd033550afc3e3ac7b5ac70@news.povray.org>
CShake <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Here's a test of a sphere_sweep version of a deformed mesh cap.

Looking good! Now all you need to do is get some "cushion deformation" into the
mesh (if you know what I mean; looking head-on, the wires should appear to
"bend outward" where they're closer to the mike's central axis), so that they
hit the "equator" at a shallower angle, and then you'll have the real thing.

> Render time: 1hr29min. (dual core, 3.7b31) Radiosity on, no focal blur.

Hum, let's see what focal blur makes of it...