POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Microphone thing : Re: Microphone thing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microphone thing
From: clipka
Date: 14 Mar 2009 14:40:00
Message: <web.49bbf96350afc3e34c2c4c080@news.povray.org>
"m_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Note that it does not come with any switch .
> Switching a mike on/off is a too serious case to let it at user good will (a
> sound engineer POV :-)

Yeah. Did a bit sound engineering in a church. Mike on/off switches are of the
devil...

Unfortunately we also had some wireless mikes that came with a mute switch on
the transmitter. Pastoral staff knew well enough to not mess with them (in fact
they insistend in not having to bother about it), but guests familiar with those
toys would occasionally mute them until they were heading for the pulpit... or,
occasionally, until we interrupted them to please turn the thing back on again
so we could give them some amplification ;)

Fortunately, those wireless mikes at least didn't give you that "Pop!" that
tells every sane person that PA systems do *not* like those switches to be
operated without prior warning to the sound engineer (which would in fact make
the switch perfectly redundant)...

> No shiny finish either... a microphone must be sort of stealth.

Hum... then why do they leave the mesh bare metal?