POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just a test scene : Re: Just a test scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a test scene
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 13 Mar 2009 18:10:00
Message: <web.49bad9106825776c506891550@news.povray.org>
> > julia_fractals are pretty interesting to look at).
>
> Yes! julia_fractals are pretty amazing.
>
> Kindly let me know...
> MegaPov or POV-Ray 3.7?
> Radiosity with HDR Map and 16 sample-light, right?
> The settings of the focal-blur? Seem rather high...

POV 3.7 beta for the Mac. MegaPov works just as well, but doesn't take advantage
of the dual processor in my laptop.

No radiosity, just the 16 sample light dome. I wrote an importer for the
LightMapGen output file to pick up on the area_light size it calculates.

I think the focal blur was 64 samples, but I've edited the file since, so I'm
not 100% sure.

Cheers,
Edouard.