POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruins WIP #3 : Ruins WIP #3 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Ruins WIP #3
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 13 Mar 2009 15:45:01
Message: <web.49bab73ac6807b6c219167190@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone, here's the latest from the ruins wip.

Unfortunately, this resolution doesn't really do it justice; it was rendered
without aa and scaled down afterwards in the gimp.

I've decided to keep the floor relatively plain, so it's just got rocks strewn
around, a bit of patchy colour and some grass and weeds in the crevices.
There's also grass on all the ledges. I'm pretty pleased with the media - looks
like a hot still afternoon - and there's just enough to see some subtle sunbeams
off the statue.

'Lucy' courtesy of the Stanford scanning repository.

I'm thinking of adding some more vegetation - I think it'd be nice to put some
bushes, maybe some ivy if I can drive the .obj utility. Also, the final version
will be slightly brighter - the radiosity in this was recursion_limit 1, and
I'll be bumping that up to 2 for the final.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Some brief stats:

Image Resolution 800 x 600
Smallest Alloc:                  17 bytes
Largest  Alloc:           129235192 bytes
Peak memory used:         879863941 bytes
Parse Time:    0 hours  3 minutes 13 seconds (193 seconds)
Render Time:   0 hours 45 minutes 38 seconds (2738 seconds)
Total Time:    0 hours 48 minutes 51 seconds (2931 seconds)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ruins06.jpg' (124 KB)