POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Microphone thing : Re: Microphone thing Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microphone thing
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Mar 2009 13:35:01
Message: <web.49ba98ae50afc3e3f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Not bad (well, the render time *is* :))
>
> But the real things have a slightly different mesh: Instead of one direction
> converging at the poles, it is centered around a different axis. If you know
> what I mean. So when seen from the top, it looks like a (more or less) perfect
> square grid.

Yes, now that you mention it, I think you're right. I wonder how they form the
wire mesh into a ball (or hemisphere, as the case may be, which is probably
easier) without a visible 'pole' showing? If just a hemisphere, I guess you
could simply press the pre-made mesh into a bowl-shaped form or mold, and
accept the slight distortion (?)

KW