POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New verision of my CNC router : Re: New verision of my CNC router Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New verision of my CNC router
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Mar 2009 17:00:01
Message: <web.49b976a35a32eecbf50167bc0@news.povray.org>
CShake <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Looks much more stable than the last, far less prone to torquing around
> the axes. If the green cylinder is the actual size of the motor you're
> going to use, it looks fine, but it seems to have a rather small
> diameter compared to what I've used (plunge routers at least).

There's a tool available in the 'States (probably worldwide, I'm guessing)
called "Roto Zip" that might be ideal.  It's basically just a big, beefy Dremel
tool, but with 'side-cutting' bits that can cut practically any material.
When/if I ever get around to building such a CNC router myself, this is
probably what I'll use.

http://www.rotozip.com/SiteLanding_Page.htm

(A rather badly-designed website, IMO)

Ken W.