POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Incongruity about normal Wrinkles? : Re: Incongruity about normal Wrinkles? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Incongruity about normal Wrinkles?
From: clipka
Date: 9 Mar 2009 14:50:01
Message: <web.49b5643ff0f85f58abfc91e10@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Highlights in *Agate* and *Granite* are perfectly centered in the image.
> > The problem is in *wrinkles*:
> > that poor higlights has been confined to bottom left...
>
> I don't know the answer why, but I have always encountered this with the
> wrinkles normal as well.

The online help says about "wrinkles" in section 3.5.11.37:

"When used as a normal pattern, this pattern uses a specialized normal
perturbation function. [...]"

It doesn't state anything similar about "agate" and "granite".

It seems that the specialized "wrinkels" normal pertubation function is not
really good ad what it should do...