POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eva Sails Away (again) : Re: Eva Sails Away (again) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eva Sails Away (again)
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Mar 2009 22:10:01
Message: <web.49b33617f8fb083df50167bc0@news.povray.org>
I liked your original, and now it's looking even better!

I was wondering about the main water waves: Since I can't really see what they
look like on the 'other side' of the boat, I'd suggest ending the current water
object AT the boat (as seen from the camera), then making a 'mirror image' of
the wave object for the far side of the water. That way, the boat will appear
to be cutting through the water, leaving angled wakes on BOTH sides of its bow.

The other thing I might critique is that the water waves seem to be at too much
of a right angle to the boat's direction.  Perhaps that's just the camera
angle; but I think they should fanning out from the boat at maybe 45-degrees or
less--in other words, the wave direction being a bit closer to parallel with the
boat's hull (although NOT parallel, of course.)

Ken W.