POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compiling Unix sources on OS X Tiger (re-post from p.unix) : Re: Compiling Unix sources on OS X Tiger (re-post from p.unix) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling Unix sources on OS X Tiger (re-post from p.unix)
From: Tim Jones
Date: 6 Mar 2009 14:10:01
Message: <web.49b173978cf307a4924999d30@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > I've tried every combination.
>
>  It might be worth inspecting the respective config.log files then.
> Search for the "boost" string (without quotes) and go to the last match
> in the file; the answer should be lying around.
>
>  - NC

Hi Nicolas,

I had the same problem (Povray 3.7, Boost 1_38) and this is what worked for me:

 --with-boost-thread=boost_thread-gcc43-mt-1_38

Specifically, the configuration script checks for your Boost thread libs via the
lines:

configure:7988: checking for exit in -lboost_thread
configure:8023: g++ -o conftest  -pthread  -I/usr/include/boost-1_38  -L/usr/lib
conftest.cpp -lboost_thread   -pthread  >&5

Wherever your libs are, you should have a file along the lines of:

/usr/lib/libboost_thread-gcc43-mt-1_38.a

(or sounds like in your case
PATH_TO_BOOST_INSTALL/libs/libboost_thread_WHATEVER.a)

or something similar.  Find out what that file is called on your system and
either make a link that is called libboost_thread.a to that file in order to
make POVRAY happy or add a configuration option like the one above.

Best,
Tim