POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Corinthian Capital v2 [kb] : Re: Corinthian Capital v2 [kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Corinthian Capital v2 [kb]
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Mar 2009 11:30:00
Message: <web.49b14e7e54a7710b6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> In POV I have generally stayed away from landscape
> but the ruins thing seemed the entre I needed to try it.
[snip]
> resigned myself that I had to do a capital.  Figured as long as I was
> doing it, might as well do the Corinthian.  Thought also it would be a
> platform for experimenting with more weathering techniques.

Something I intend to do soon is to implement a method of weathering more
arbitrary meshes, using the same parameters as my macros. I'm going to try it
out for my current stony WIP. It will involve a 2-step process - firstly, a
small external program to convert, e.g., .obj files to an intermediate format,
then a POV macro to read the vertices and apply the weathering via pigments.
The end result will be exactly the same as the meshrelief macros - a ready-to
use mesh2 that can also be saved in a .inc file.

It strikes me that this could be useful for your capitals. I'll post some
results as I get them...

PS I'm with the others, the example you posted is superb. ;-)