POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruins WIP #2 : Re: Ruins WIP #2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruins WIP #2
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Mar 2009 04:20:00
Message: <web.49ae478ed23605756dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Wow that really looks great, lighting and modeling both!

Thanks!

> My only
> suggestion/qualification is that to me I think it's the relative
> size of the radius on the stones in the pillars and/or the smoothness that
> clipca mentioned that is affecting my sense of scale more towards a small scale
> clay model. It's just for the pillars, not the walls, and only some of the times
> I look at it.

Do you mean the radius of curvature of the edges? It's the same value for all
the blocks. As I mentioned above, the meshes are low-res versions and will look
craggier in later instalments. And vegetation should provide some scale too
(when I get around to adding it!)...

> PS You've always done good stonework. :)

Cheers. It's been an ongoing theme for a while now ;-)