POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruins WIP #2 : Re: Ruins WIP #2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruins WIP #2
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Mar 2009 04:15:01
Message: <web.49ae462ad23605756dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Especially the lighting, but should there be a little
> more contrast given that the sun is pretty high in the sky?

I think you're right, and I will be juggling the relative brightnesses of the
lighting elements. There is a lot of diffuse light from the sunlit side of the
quad (out of sight) to illuminate the shadowed area opposite, but I think,
given the shadowed location of the viewpoint, there should definitely be a
greater contrast. I just hate to obscure detail with darkness! :)

It would be interesting to try an 'overcast' version too, with no sun. The
radiosity settings will probably need cranking up for that...