POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruins WIP #2 : Re: Ruins WIP #2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruins WIP #2
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Mar 2009 04:10:01
Message: <web.49ae4522d23605756dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Coming along beautifully. Right now, as a WIP it does carry a sense of
> tidied up ruin, as if it is 'ruin' on display in a museum, much because
> of the clean ground plane.

Yes, maybe 'ruins' is a misleading title. I was originally thinking of proper
fractured, partially-collapsed ruins, but I'm leaning more towards 'abandoned'
rather than 'ruined'. It may yet go either way! Some dust, detritus and
vegetation will quickly remove the 'tidy' look, I think.

> There is a very nice feel of a sort of sandstone or even soft marble
> about the whole thing.

Excellent; that's what I was trying for!