POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proscenium Theater lighting : Re: Proscenium Theater lighting Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proscenium Theater lighting
From: triple r
Date: 4 Mar 2009 01:45:00
Message: <web.49ae22ff40debb9d63a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
CShake <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The one thing I can't figure out is the green color banding around the
> outside. It may just be that the colors are so close together that 16bit
> can't subdivide any more, but I hope that isn't the case.

The RGB values indicate that at 8-bits per channel, it is indeed at the limit.
Suggestions would be to lighten the image (the stage is very dark on my
monitor) to increase available levels in the unlit region, add crand to the
finish to simulate dithering, or just to export a 48-bit image and find a way
to dither it in an external program.  As it is, even if png output is 48-bit,
it is clearly only a 24-bit jpg and has not been dithered along the way.

 - Ricky