POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Autofocus macro *almost* done... : Re: Autofocus macro *almost* done... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Autofocus macro *almost* done...
From: triple r
Date: 4 Mar 2009 01:25:00
Message: <web.49ae1e4162bb282363a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
"Edouard Poor" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> I've been working on updating my 35mm Camera macros, and I had the idea to make
> an autofocus version of the macro to help with complex objects and narrow
> depths of field, and any other situations where choosing, say, the center of
> the objects bounding box would give the wrong results.

I like the idea.  My usual method is trial and error.  How does it choose?  Does
it trace?  What happens if the object has holes?  What if there is no central
subject?

> Lenses used: 85mm, 150mm and 300mm.

I really like the physical approach here.  Just like lightsys, I usually try to
choose arbitrary parameters that give the same look, but my choices always fall
far short of physically-based choices.

> Any comments on the quality of the focal plane chosen?

No complaints here.

 - Ricky