POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Autofocus macro *almost* done... : Autofocus macro *almost* done... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Autofocus macro *almost* done...
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 3 Mar 2009 23:50:01
Message: <web.49ae076bbe035a52bd47b0730@news.povray.org>
I've been working on updating my 35mm Camera macros, and I had the idea to make
an autofocus version of the macro to help with complex objects and narrow
depths of field, and any other situations where choosing, say, the center of
the objects bounding box would give the wrong results.

Not quite done (mainly code tidy up at this point), but here are the results on
the Ajax model.

I'm using a 35mm camera approx 500mm from the bust (which is scaled to be about
180mm high).

Lenses used: 85mm, 150mm and 300mm.

Any comments on the quality of the focal plane chosen?

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: