POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Revenge of the Scarabs : Re: Revenge of the Scarabs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revenge of the Scarabs
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Mar 2009 21:55:00
Message: <web.49ab4a0af3f1ac26f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> clipka wrote:

The 50's one, definitely.  Although John Carpenter's 80's remake was really
terrifying, in a different, more visceral way (probably a closer adaptation of
the novel, too.)

> > If Wikipedia can believed, the 50's movie was commonly known as just "The
> > Thing", but the full title was "The Thing from Another World".
> >

> Steve McQueen movie as I recall.  One of the first movies I ever saw in
> a real moview theatre.  Loved it!

Nope, that's "The Blob." The seminal cheapie 50's monster flick.  I *still*
can't figure out how they made that blobby creature--AMAZING for its time.
(This was the first movie that REALLY scared me. Badly. Gave me nightmares for
years! Oh well, I was just a wee little kid...)