POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Revenge of the Scarabs : Re: Revenge of the Scarabs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revenge of the Scarabs
From: clipka
Date: 1 Mar 2009 06:35:01
Message: <web.49aa7268f3f1ac2674c3e19a0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Looks nice, and...small.  Gee, I want to see a bigger version!

Hum... would need to reconstruct the faulty code - and invest some rendering
time...

> "Phase IV" was an odd film--essentially a documentary about ants, turned into
> a quasi-doomsday story. Clever conceit, though.

Loosely based on a short story by H.G.Wells as I heard tell, so I'm not too
surprised about the documentary info regarding ants. After all, he was into
science-fiction, not science-fantasy.

> THEM! is one of my faves--especially that chilling scene when the little
> frightened girl, numb with shock, screams bloody murder when she smells formic
> acid. The giant ants were pretty cool props, too--probably state-of-the-art
> special effects for the 1950's.

Don't remember it, honestly. Seen it on TV, I'm pretty sure, but the memory
about it probably got drowned in the mass of "Help, the animals are coming to
get us!" B-movies that were broadcast about the same time; and being the N-th
of those movies I saw (instead of the first, like when it originally came to
the theaters), and me being a teenager then, I probably didn't pay much
attention to the qualities of it. To me, I guess it was just another one of
"those ridiculous 50's b/w mutant animal flics".