POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : weird media artifacts? : Re: weird media artifacts? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: weird media artifacts?
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Feb 2009 05:15:01
Message: <web.49a90e6f7ce87223f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> There's still some kind of flaw where the spotlight 'cone' passes between the
> camera and the couch.

I'm happy to report that I've just found a solution! (This scene has been
bugging me for *way* too long.)

By turning OFF the spotlight's media_interaction, it solved everything! Even
with the couch's IOR and reflection turned back ON, and with (or without) the
media-filled cone object surrounding the spotlight!  Of course, the light no
longer illuminates it's own media; but right now, that's a small price to pay.

Why media_interaction should have any effect, I have no idea. Neither the
spotlight nor its cone object even touch the media-filled couch.

But I'm not complaining!  :-)

Ken W.