POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MCPov Peculiarities : Re: MCPov Peculiarities Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MCPov Peculiarities
From: clipka
Date: 27 Feb 2009 08:05:00
Message: <web.49a7e3d3336c2d8d8d0daedf0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
Ah well, looks like I myself am the first one to come up with a (partial)
solution for these issues:

- When I added the portal for the broken glass, I also added
mc_check_portal_overlap; it seems that this also requires using mc_sort_portals
(at least for my shot). This eliminates the arced shadow (which, as it seems,
was due to the glass portal "shadowing" the sun portal).

- The issues with the glass not being sufficiently transparent seem to have been
due to insufficient number of samples specified for its portal, though I have no
clear idea why that should be. Somewhat cranking up the number of samples mostly
solved the problem (though not completely, as it seems).