POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A window : Re: A window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A window
From: triple r
Date: 26 Feb 2009 14:50:00
Message: <web.49a6f088679a0b4563a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
"Andris R" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This is a scene on which i have been working some time.
> It didn`t become as interesting as i hoped.
> Wanted to give it unswept dusty feel in summer.

It looks good, but it definitely needs some weeds and an area light, or if that
is an area light, then it needs to be larger and have some jitter.  The rock
textures look a little flat too.  Maybe some grime in the corners would add
more texture to it.  For straight edges, I've just done this with a linear
gradient and turbulence in the past.  Even just a normal in addition to the
mesh shape would add more 'feel' to it.  You can never go wrong with a little
focal blur, either.

On an unrelated note, I googled some tree shadows to see how blurred they tend
to be (it's not hard to figure out from the sun's distance and radius) and came
across this, which I thought was pretty neat:

http://djoye.chez-alice.fr/Eclipse_05-10-03_7.jpg

 - Ricky