POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : weird media artifacts? : Re: weird media artifacts? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: weird media artifacts?
From: clipka
Date: 26 Feb 2009 05:35:01
Message: <web.49a66ff37ce87223c3b204fd0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> I think you're running into some intrinsic problems (in v.3.6.1) having to do
> with spotlights and patterns (and maybe transparency as well.)  These are
> always hard to nail down as to the specific cause. I posted one such problem
> awhile ago...

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.45125e6ed84b4b77cc29cf380%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=3020
31
> &toff=1350

If it's the same issue, then it should disappear when using the 3.7 beta. I just
cecked your old sample scene, to find that with beta.29 the issue is gone. Maybe
this was done in a change to beta.12 ("Fixed bug in generation of lit intervals
for media")

The symptoms look a lot different to me though. (And now that I read your old
post, I'm sure I did encounter the issue in one scene of mine, too. Again, it
looked quite different from the OP's troubles.)