POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 35mm Camera Macro : Re: 35mm Camera Macro Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 35mm Camera Macro
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Feb 2009 04:25:00
Message: <web.49a65ed055a0132ef50167bc0@news.povray.org>
This is nice little tool.

The only thing that's missing (not from the standpoint of your code, though) is
that POV's blur doesn't *seem* to take into account the 'hyperfocal distance'
of a real lens. I.e., I think that the amount of blur on either side of the
in-focus plane progresses linearly in and out from that point (when it should
do so non-linearly? At least on the +z side of that sharp plane, to 'stretch
out' the amount of blur there--over a longer distance--in order to match the
qualities of a real lens.) I could be wrong about this, but it's been my own
experience, visually.

Ken W.