POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : weird media artifacts? : Re: weird media artifacts? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: weird media artifacts?
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Feb 2009 04:00:01
Message: <web.49a659227ce87223f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
I think you're running into some intrinsic problems (in v.3.6.1) having to do
with spotlights and patterns (and maybe transparency as well.)  These are
always hard to nail down as to the specific cause. I posted one such problem
awhile ago...

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.45125e6ed84b4b77cc29cf380%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=302031
&toff=1350

I've been following your previous post about using a 'diffusion gel' in front of
a spotlight, to mimic real-world theater lighting. Frankly, I was wondering
if/when you might run into such problems.  *Hopefully*, I'm wrong about your
specific problem, and that you'll find a workaround. :-)

Ken W.