POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Bricks : Re: WIP: Bricks Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Bricks
From: clipka
Date: 24 Feb 2009 16:25:00
Message: <web.49a464d6c45573b1ddaa9d30@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Christoph's glass appears to be greenish-gray, not blue.  That would actually
> make more sense (reddish-orangish + greenish = yellowish), but it doesn't
> explain the color saturation.

I found that it must have something to do with my illumination using very
extreme colors for (a) the direct yellow-ish "sunlight" illumination (almost no
blue in there) and (b) the indirect (radiosity) blue-ish illumination from the
sky (almost nothing but blue), which makes objects' hues strongly
orientation-dependent.

shifting both illumination source colors a good deal towards white gives much
better results, e.g. the shadows don't look that bue-ish anymore and stuff like
that.