POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Bricks : Re: WIP: Bricks Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Bricks
From: clipka
Date: 22 Feb 2009 18:10:01
Message: <web.49a1da8ec45573b1def162140@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> I never, ever, saw, in my hands, any brick with anything else than 3 holes, or
> NO holes, in them.

So I thought, too (until today), but...

> The only ones with 8 holes, I saw in rendered picture and
> drawings, but not in photos with enough details to be able to count the number
> of holes.
> This gives me the impression that the 8 holed bricks are not real at all, but
> only artistic representations.

.... as it seems there is a whole lot of variations out there in real life:

http://de.fotolia.com/id/149019
http://de.fotolia.com/id/1979942
http://de.fotolia.com/id/10514708
http://de.fotolia.com/id/11801009
http://de.fotolia.com/id/3259349

Those with the squarish holes actually look quite familiar to me, so I guess I
have seen them in RL before and just didn't remember.