POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity artifacts? Help! : Re: Radiosity artifacts? Help! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity artifacts? Help!
From: sooperFoX
Date: 20 Feb 2009 01:15:00
Message: <web.499e49cac8b4e8883e3c08aa0@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm not sure where to post this so I'll post it here. I've made clear cup
> (lathe) with liquid (another lathe) inside. I've scaled the liquid appropriated
> so there are no coincident surfaces. However, there are dark splotches where
> there shouldn't be any. Is there a good way around this?

I haven't looked at your sources but have you tried increasing your
max_trace_level? The default of 5 is not enough for scenes with transparent
objects.

I have also read somewhere on these groups that version 3.6 of POV-Ray has a bug
in the radiosity implementation regarding max_trace_level, so you might want to
try the 3.7 beta (or MCPov) if increasing it doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

- sooperFoX