POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The torpor of light : Re: The torpor of light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The torpor of light
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 19 Feb 2009 21:35:00
Message: <web.499e164f122f218585de7b680@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Here's my quick attempt with mcpov.  Yours looks much better, but it's possible
> mine may render more quickly.

I noticed that you used one of those hard-to-find daylight bulbs.  I actually
prefer those (I use one IRL), but I used a soft warm light here because it
seemed to fit the mood of the recent Tiffany thread.  Makes for an ugly-looking
green through the welding glass, though. :^P

> The bulb is a mesh just generated by extruding a cross-section along a spline,
> all in pov, of course.  There's not much control for orientation or twisting,
> but it's fine for a circle.

That sounds like a good solution.  I'll take a look.

>  I used an aoi pattern for the bulb, although it is
> almost completely blown out.  It'd be nice to have HDR output for mcpov, but oh
> well.  I will post the source to p.t.s-f shortly.

Almost blown out actually sounds like decent goal.  It gives the desired
hypersaturated impression while just avoiding the flatness I mentioned earlier.

I didn't realize that POV had angle-of-incidence.  Is that an MCPOV thing?