POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Rendering in parallel on Linux machines : Rendering in parallel on Linux machines Server Time
3 May 2024 04:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering in parallel on Linux machines
From: Nithin
Date: 18 Feb 2009 18:30:00
Message: <web.499c9972ef26291856e8903e0@news.povray.org>
I have certain lengthy rendering jobs that i want to render in parallel on a
group of machines running Linux. As the jobs require certain function to be
added to povray source, i think i can use only versions 3.5 or 3.6. The Linux
machines are identical and have a common file system, so they can all do I/O to
the same folder. This is preferred over sending chunks of input and output
between machines as the input data is very large.

Can somebody suggest the best patch (or any other alternative) to get the job
done? I did try pvmpov, but its stable version only support povray 3.1

Thanks
Nithin