POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Panama Pacific : Re: Panama Pacific Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Panama Pacific
From: Reactor
Date: 14 Feb 2009 17:05:00
Message: <web.49973f699afb637eb15c48a50@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> The image is lacking something... sharks with lasers I think.

Also, specular highlights on the water.  I suspect the computation of the
specular effect is closely tied to the computation of the surface color.  This
is something that has been an issue for me recently, while trying to do
realistic glass and liquid scenes.  If you use a transmit value of 1.0, the
specular effect seems to become completely transparent, along with the surface
color.

I also think the water could use more reflectivity, but that is just me :)

-Reactor