POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Game made with POV : Re: Game made with POV Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game made with POV
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 13 Feb 2009 13:20:01
Message: <web.4995b90db4608fc24726e92b0@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Nice. I remember back in mid-1990s I wrote a DOS-based asteroids game and used
> Povray to render the ship and asteroids. I showed it to my friends, and they
> were quite impressed. Unfortunately, several years later, I accidentally wiped
> my hard drive and I lost the source code, game executable, and support files.
> It was a sad day, but now I do semi-regular backups.

About 10 years ago I used Povray to render all the sprites for a DirectX
asteroids game for my son to play, but I'd forgotten all about it until I read
this post. Somehow, I still have the sprites in my POV folder five
PCs later...

It's so funny, I used to think these looked good, heh.

-Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'asteroidssprites.jpg' (269 KB)

Preview of image 'asteroidssprites.jpg'
asteroidssprites.jpg