POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Game made with POV : Game made with POV Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Game made with POV
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 13 Feb 2009 11:20:01
Message: <web.49959c8b531a9361da29fa390@news.povray.org>
I found this today--I had made this some time ago with a free game-making kit I
had found somewhere.  Everything was rendered in POV and brought into the game.
 I never finished it, so it won't give you any kind of menu or instructions:

controls:

Arrow keys to move

x: primary gun
z: Laser (uses energy--see bottom right of screen)
c: Secondary gun (also uses energy)
space: thrusters (help you move and maneuver faster)
shift: missiles

Cash is in upper left, use it to buy improvements (it won't tell you when you
have enough, 2000 is enough for most improvements, but I don't remember what
costs I had actually set):

press x and + to improve guns
press s and + to improve shields
press c and + to improve secondary weapon
press g and + to improve generator
press shift and + to buy more missiles

The game never ends (unless it crashes, which it does sometimes, or, erm,
eventually--I'm no programmer), it just adds more and more enemies on the
screen.  Watch out for asteroids; shoot them if you have to.

http://www.artspeakdesign.com/Vulcan3.3.exe

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'vulcanscreenshot.jpg' (61 KB)