POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Endless Palace (WIP2) : Re: The Endless Palace (WIP2) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Endless Palace (WIP2)
From: triple r
Date: 11 Feb 2009 15:45:01
Message: <web.499337f820659213ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> Just for fun, I let POV render a flyby last night:
>
> http://www.artspeakdesign.com/GlowedC.mov

Just keeps getting better.  Just a few things:

When I last used radiosity with an animation, I did a quick pass with both
load_file and save_file on each frame to accumulate radiosity data.  This got
rid of the flickering almost entirely.  I'm not sure if this is proper
technique, but it worked anyway.

What about some hazy blue mountains in the background?  I know it's a work in
progress, but it feels like it's floating in space without anything to frame
it.

The roofs look like they could use a little structure.  The form is great, but
most of the roofs look like a single solid piece, which isn't really practical.
 Like this, for example:

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2002-08-31/golonls2.jpg

Don't worry.  By the time someone is critiquing minutiae like this, you know
it's lookin' good.

 - Ricky