POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Endless Palace (WIP2) : Re: The Endless Palace (WIP2) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Endless Palace (WIP2)
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 9 Feb 2009 10:15:00
Message: <web.499047a520659213da29fa390@news.povray.org>
Larry Hudson <org### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Kirk Andrews wrote:
> > Last night's render. Please excuse the low radiosity/anti-aliasing settings.
> >
> Just curious...
> In all of your Endless Palace WIPs, there is only one with a person
> visible -- near the left-hand side of Palace2400x900.jpg
>
> If you have one person, why not more??  If this isn't a person, what is it?
>
> (The attached image is simply cropped out of your original...)
>
>       -=- Larry -=-

Ah, you found the lonely maid, left to clean the northern regions of the endless
palace while the rest moved to the warmer regions further south.

I sketched her in just for fun.  She's not 3D.  I don't have any human models.
I generally don't try adding 3D people--I find that most all 3D people fall
into that "uncanny valley."